An unforgettable movie....

Well, being a CUSAT-ian, I have had a hell lot of time for trips and movies.... Movies like "colors" do a great job of keeping people away from the theatres... These movies are intended to make sure that viewers never return to the movie theatre, no sir, not even for popcorn... Still, I dont know if its my youthful stamina or the excellent training from CUSAT (believe me, if you are still breathing after 2 hours of RTS, then you can handle pretty much anything life manages to throw at you) but time and again I find myself standing in the queue for tickets praying "Please God, have mercy, I am spending 50 bucks here..." On the other hand, its Sreeni's money, Ullas's free car ride, so I got nothing to lose, hence decided to go for "Delhi 6"....

Well "colors" and co. seemed to have worked their magic, for the queue was deserted... So much for the death ride Ullas gave us thinking there might be a rush for the movie... There were precisely 8 people in the queue for first class... This should have been alarming but we had nothing else to do and Sreeni ensured us it was a good movie, just like Swades were his exact words... Ullas seemed to be convinced but I was a little worried... I remember seeing Swades posters some time back and I used to pronounce it as svaadesssss.... Also, I had faith in Sreeni, he is a hindi movie buff.... But, Ullas and me are on even keel... I might place him a rung above me in hindi movie expertise as he knows the names of 5 bollywood actors.... I know 3 which are SRK, Hrithik, Abhishek.... Ulls knows someguy named Salman Khan and another Khan, i donno...

The movie started with very high expectations...English dialogue... Ullas and me were very excited, we were leaning forward and listening intently... Suddenly the old lady mumbled something in hindi wiping the excitement and exuberance off our faces... We gradually sank backwards into our seats... To our dismay, they decide to return to India, OH COME ON!!!, and to relatives who haven't even been outside of some place called Chandini Chowk.... We watched the rest of the movie like a pair of idiots seeing a firework show for the first time in their life, open mouthed, fascinated and very very confused... So many lights and sounds... Brilliant!!!

Sonam Kapoor....yeah, very beautiful, had Ullu transfixed... Poor guy, I could see him perk up in anticipation every time the scene changes... She managed to gift us some pretty precious moments too and amazingly we were able to understand every word she said... Abhishek's dialogue, I couldn't understand a word also partly because his attempt at cool American accent sucked(he claims he is an american, actually I think he is a NRI)... Also, whats the deal with sunglasses and Abhishek?? He is giving serious competition to Mammooty... Not only does he wears them all the time (yeah, all the time!!!) but also there is a scene where he is going to the toilet with his sunglasses on!!! Maybe its just my ignorance, americans does all sort of crazy stuff, I donno...

Comedy scenes are nervous moments... Thankfully, there wasn't much (on the other hand, there is no way for me knowing that all by myslef, is there??)... Anyway, I had devised a plan with Sreeni, who was to give me a signal when its time to laugh... I was sitting between Sreeni and Ullas so the order of laughing was first Sreeni, who would start laughing and give me the signal... I immediately guage the joke level from the laughter of Sreeni and begin my laugh... Then its Ullas turn... Sometimes I have to kick him to wake him from his semi-sleep but most times he is alert enough to give a giggle... The whole point of this exercise is to project to the outside world you are comfortable with hindi... To effectively do this you can follow my way of slapping your thigh while laughing or if you want to take it a bit too far, follow the Ullas way... After your fake laugh, say "kya bhaat hai....." 

Emotional scenes are easier to deal... Play dead... Dont move, dont breathe, dont show any emotion... When the BGM of the movie changes give out a loud sigh... Very easy... Usually emotional scenes seem to be written in Latin... I couldnt hide my joy when I understood a single line out of the monologue Abhi was giving... Looking to share my joy, I find Ullas wiping tears off his eyes... On my very concerned enquiry he told me he too understood a line of the latest scene... Most probably the same line I grasped... Different people react differently to similar situations... 

The AC was wonderful in the theatre... It had to cool only 8 people in the massive hall... I was beggining to get cosy and suddenly a huge commotion, chaos, confusion and its all over... I look around, the theatre is empty but for the 3 of us... They must have graduated out from a private college, very low stamina... We made it though... I feel proud... Ullas asks, "wanna sit for the next show too?"... I silently walk away.... No sir, I'd rather choose RTS... 


Comments

ullas said…
true..RTS..very true...:)..laughed a lot while reading..especially our "synchronized" laugh routine..hehe
Varun said…
Hehe... Cool one...
Liked the way u laughed at the comedy scenes... Just pictured those in my mind.. lol...
Hey and one thing.. U started sayin about colors the "BEAUTIFUL MOVIE" and then continued mentioning about Delhi 6??
San said…
nothing to say about 'colors'... koothara movie.
unni said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Varun said…
No.. I meant U wrote it as a continuation about the "WONDERFUL MOVIE" colors....
U didn't mention about Delhi 6.. Although we understood it because u told u went for Delhi 6..du
unni said…
it is very bad to see that you ignore dc hour....she is working very hard to make her class a "DELHI 6"....
San said…
point noted and rectified... Thank you...
sanoop said…
i cant believe this, you only mentioned rts i would have mentioned all the fucking hours starting from 1&2. Anyway nice
post man.
nish said…
here it goes>>
d vry nxt day ff yur blog, i hadda brief talk wid d 'beautifulmind', both ff us felt, san'zz startd rockin wid his disastrous bloggin attempts.... well, in addition to tht private discussion--- ->

i learned tht yu cud b an appealing critique..yu score well in this dan at yur flirting attemptzz..

bac to d post-- d way yu personify d ignorance ff d language 'n translate it to gettin d reader hav a real joy ride throughout d post is really remarkable....

gud one...njoyd it to d core....
San said…
nish... ur comment was the one i was looking forward to, bcos u r frank..i like that, (in comments :-))...

flirting attempts?? i am an accomplished flirt... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

The Barber Shop

Be nice, Sanju....